HEFCE has commissioned UVAC to provide advice on the developing Apprenticeship agenda.
In this context UVAC is:
- Advising HEFCE on how HEIs could play an optimum role within Apprenticeship/Higher Apprenticeship on the basis of learner and employer demand and need. Exploring and advising on how barriers to HEI engagement in Apprenticeship/Higher Apprenticeship could be overcome
- Determining the support HEIs need to undertake an optimum role within Apprenticeship/Higher Apprenticeship (both Apprenticeship frameworks and standards) on the basis of learner and employer need, particularly in the context of LEP skills priorities and emerging HEFCE and institutional priorities
- Exploring opportunities presented by the developing Apprenticeship/Higher Apprenticeship agenda for innovative approaches to the development and delivery of Bachelors and Masters degrees in response to the demand from employers for technician and professional level skills.
As part of our work programme we will be:
- Providing briefings on the Apprenticeship agenda for HEIs and their partner FECs and independent providers
- Developing papers on key aspects of the Apprenticeship ‘system’ to support HEIs and their partners to engage in the Apprenticeship agenda
- Identifying and promoting good practice case studies
- Supporting HEIs and their partners to work with the Apprenticeship Trailblazers and support delivery of Apprenticeships based on both frameworks and standards
For more information please contact Adrian Anderson email@example.com