Membership of UVAC entitles institutions/organisations and their staff to:
- receive hard copies and online access to the UVAC journal Higher Education, Skills and Work-Based Learning (in partnership with Emerald Publishing)
- participate in our Annual Conference and other conferences, seminars, workshops and networking events at special or discounted rates
- receive free copies of all our good practice guides and publications
- be consulted with regularly to inform and influence our policies
- receive free initial advice and guidance with regards to implementing higher vocational learning including higher and degree apprenticeship
- collaborate on responses to Government policy and initiatives
- have your views on vocational, technical and professional learning championed in the s and general media
- have a listing on this website – including a link to your own organisation’s website.
UVAC benefits member institutions and their staff through:
Advocacy – we champion vocational learning and represent our members’ views on higher-level vocational education and training to government, funding and planning agencies and stakeholders. Members have the opportunity to influence the debate and help UVAC to raise the profile and reputation of vocational learning.
Membership services – we provide a portfolio of valuable membership services including:
- the dissemination of issues of topical interest and information on policy and practice
- the production of good practice guides and advisory papers on key learning products, initiatives and policies
- a programme of conferences, seminars and workshops on contemporary issues in the field of higher level vocational learning.
Research and publications – working through our membership we manage an ongoing research programme covering issues and topics of relevance to our members such as:
- the accreditation of prior experiential learning (APEL)
- work-based progression
- degree apprenticeship
- unitisation and credit
- core skills development
About UVAC membership subscriptions
There are five levels of membership:
- Full membership – for UK higher education institutions
- Associate membership – for UK further education colleges and training providers
- Corporate membership – for UK businesses, professional bodies, government agencies etc.
- Associate International membership – for non UK universities
- Individual membership (specific conditions apply; membership granted at the discretion of UVAC)
Membership runs annually from 1 August to 31 July with the first year’s fee calculated according to the joining date e.g. organisations signing up for membership in February would pay 50% of the appropriate annual rate in the first year of membership.
How to join UVAC
For further information about UVAC membership please contact email@example.com.