Higher Education, Skills and Work-based Learning
Focuses specifically on the interface between higher education and the workplace. The only publication dedicated to this area, the journal provides international coverage of issues, developments and innovation in higher education skills, higher level work-based learning and higher education, showcasing work around employer engagement, work integrated learning, co-operative education, graduate employability and workforce development.
The journal is truly international in coverage, with members of the review board based at institutions across the UK, Europe, Australia and the US. Submissions mirror this geographic spread with authors from across Europe, the United Arab Emirates and the US published in 2016.
The journal aims to research areas which are important to its readers, with recent Special Issues addressing:
– Higher level vocational skills at college
– Global perspectives on profound pedagogies
– Higher and Degree Apprenticeships
Find out more about the journal here.
We are currently calling for papers for the following special issues due to be published titled:
- Profound Digital Pedagogies: global perspectives (Guest Editor: Dr Sofia Mastrokouko, University of Turin) due to be published in 2022
- “New problems, new solutions”(Guest Editors: Tony Wall, Liverpool Business School, John Moores University UK; Trevor Gerhardt, Working Life and Learning Network (European Society for Research on the Education of Adults), Europe; Iro Konstantinou, Eaton College / Pearson College London, UK; Bonnie Dean, University of Wollongong, Australia; Roelien Brink, University of Johannesburg, South Africa; Khizara Mohammed, Pearson College London, UK; Alon Eisenstein, University of British Columbia, Canada; Pierre Faller, Columbia University, USA
This is a first-of-a-kind special issue driven by practitioner, researcher, and learner dialogue across the globe, emerging from the first global, year-long Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Unconference 2022-2023. The topics will emerge from the dialogue at the event, but is likely to include the link between WIL and grand challenges. Due to be published in 2023.
UVAC Members must pick up the link to the journal from this page to direct them to the Emerald Insight platform. Members will then be able to access the HESWBL journal and download the pdf manuscripts for FREE.
Short-term goals expect accomplishment in a short period of time, such as trying to get a bill paid in the next few days.