In March, the Department for Education published guidance to set out more detail (aligned to the apprenticeship funding rules) on how providers, employers and apprentices should account for prior learning, and why it this an important aspect of delivering high quality apprenticeships.
DfE are now seeking feedback to understand the impact of the guidance and this will help to refine our guidance at future publication. We are asking for feedback from apprenticeships training providers and employers on:
- whether you have seen the guidance;
- how helpful it has been, or will be;
- to what extent it has improved your understanding of the importance of initial assessment of prior learning;
- to what extent it has improved your confidence and/or processes to assess prior learning; and
- whether it has, or will change your behaviour.
The survey is available here and will be available until 16th June.
Please pass the survey on to any interested stakeholders.