Following the UVAC UTC briefing event held in the spring, and at the request of several of our members, we are holding two further briefing events in collaboration with the Baker Dearing Educational Trust. These events are focused on the following:
- Overall progress with the development of University Technical Colleges
- Review of HEI and FEC involvement in the development of University Technical Colleges
- Issues and lessons arising from applications to establish and the actual development of University Technical Colleges
- Enabling HEIs and FECs to share their experiences in the development of University Technical Colleges.
In addition to Jane Ware, Director of Programmes at the Baker Dearing Educational Trust, we are delighted that Dr Henriette Harnisch, Director of Academies and Trusts Unit at the University of Wolverhampton, has also agreed to attend both events. The University of Wolverhampton is co-sponsor of the Black Country UTC, which opens this month. Henriette has a wealth of experience from developing the UTC and is keen to share this experience with colleagues.
The events will take place at:
- University of Hertfordshire – 23rd September – 14.00 – 16.00
- University of Derby – 28th September – 14.00 – 16.00
To book a place on either event please email Caroline McKevitt at UVAC.