Previously described as ‘Portable Apprenticeships‘ – as discussed at our Roundtable with the ESFA on Wednesday, 24 March.
In the March Budget, the Chancellor announced a new £7m fund to support the greater use of apprenticeships in sectors with more flexible employment models.
ESFA have launched the Flexi-Job Apprenticeships Consultation to seek views on the vision and proposals for flexi-job apprenticeship schemes. This consultation will inform the launch of the £7m fund in July 2021.
ESFA are inviting key stakeholders to respond to the consultation. The consultation is also open to the public.
How To Get Involved
Please use the following link to access the consultation on the DFE e-consultation platform (Citizen Space).
- You can navigate through each page, or you can download the full review document from the site.
- You should use the online system (using the link above) to provide your feedback, unless for accessibility reasons you are unable to do so.
- The ‘Save and return later’ feature will allow you to return to the on-line consultation at any point without losing any information you have already entered. Click on the ‘save and come back later’ button (at the bottom of a page) and enter an email address (this may be pre-populated if you have already provided your email). You will be sent an email entitled: ‘Your consultation return code’ – this contains a unique link that will allow you to return to a part-completed response. This link will expire when the consultation closes.
- If you are unable to use the online system, for example because you use specialist accessibility software that is not compatible with the system, please email [email protected] and we will provide you with a word document and details of how to return your response.
- In addition, we will be undertaking a range of engagement activity to hear the views of employers, apprentices and representative organisations.
- If you have any questions about this consultation, please email [email protected]
The consultation closes at 23:59 on Tuesday 1 June 2021.
I hope that you take this opportunity to get involved. UVAC will be making a response.