- This event has passed.
World-class skills for a net-zero economy – Online Discussion
6th July 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:15 am
Join us for an interactive, online discussion on how the UK can develop world-class skills for a net-zero economy. The session will explore key findings from the latest Learning & Work Institute report commissioned by WorldSkills UK, exploring how young people can acquire the high-quality technical skills the UK needs to reach net-zero carbon emissions.
The session will showcase insights on young people’s understanding of green jobs and careers, and shed light on employer demand for green skills. It was also explore the importance of world-class skills in attracting foreign direct investment to all nations and regions of the UK.
Speakers will be attending from government, education, industry, and policy organisations – with insight from WorldSkills UK and the Learning & Work Institute also.
- gain early insight from our latest report: Skills for a net-zero economy- Insights from employers and young people
- learn how employers are accessing the skills needed to meet the UK’s net-zero targets
- explore how the UK can boost its competitiveness for foreign direct investment through high-quality skills in areas such as ‘clean tech’
- understand how educators are enabling young people to meet their aspirations for green jobs and careers
- hear from government and WorldSkills UK on the actions taken to boost the supply and quality of green skills
Click HERE to Register